Wednesday, June 18, 2008

it's a bug's life

so we've had a little problem with bugs lately, big ones. i guess i prefer a little problem with big bugs to a big problem with little bugs... though i'm not positive.

paul was poisioning our giant cockroaches last night. (hooray for a husband that kills the bugs!), and he was nearly done, so i decided to hurry and get a shower so he could have it free when he was done, as i was stepping into the shower, two cockroaches climbed out of the drain! i guess i squeeled a little louder than i thought cause paul came in the house asking what was wrong. i was shaking. it's a little embarrasing to realize how much i was shaking, but i was in a rather vunerable position, and i do hate roaches... needless to say, i was not getting in that shower quite yet! (and when i finally did, i had the drain plugged up, so i just drained out all the water when i was done... certianly safer).

anyways, that's the first story. the next happened this morning. the girls and i took paul to work (well, he drove, but we took the car back home so we'd have it later), and since we don't have any a/c in the car, we had the windows down. just after we turned onto the highway, a giant bee (perhaps a carpenter bee? is anyone sure what they look like?) flew in paul's window and settled on his shoulder. he pulled over pretty quick and carefully unbuckled his seatbelt to step out, and as soon as he got out of the car it flew away (i was really glad it was his shoulder though, not mine or one of the babies!)... so anyways, those are our big bug stories.

BTW, i hate big bugs. :)

4 comments:

Anna Larsen said...

Ewww gross! I hate big bugs too, and I really hate spiders too btw.

Judy said...

I think I would have been running through the house in the buff to get away from two big cockroaches in the shower.Those nasty things are horrifying to me! It almost makes me thankful for the tiny ants in my house. Now I just need your husband to come spray for them.

katharine said...

we've had the same problem and i got baits for large roaches at target. it has been almost 3 weeks now, but i haven't seen any roaches for almost a week. i think they are finally working! (I HOPE)! i am considering diatomaceous earth for my next step (if necessary)

Marcy in TX said...

I feel your pain. I came in from trimming the shrubs this week (and weeding etc.) and a big fuzzy spider crawled down my hair in the shower.