Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry christmas to all, and to all a good night!

okay, maybe i'll finish my post first, then i'll wish everyone a good night... i've been thinking a bit abot christmas lately, how it sometimes seems such a rush and bother, people stepping all over eachother, and others so alone... and yet, i wouldn't change it (much). we're naturally a little crazy here, seeing as how my whole family was together today: 2 parents, 8 kids, 4 spouses, and 9 grandkids... they really add up, and the house is only so big (thank heavens for beautiful weather and daddies that take kids to the park!). but i thought i'd share a few of my favorite moments (in no particular order):

1) the nativity scene christmas eve, grandma reading her texas night before christmas and giving all the kids boot/stocking ornaments, singing carols in a key i can reach (thanks all you altos for picking the pitch), all the sheep and wiseguys... all of it, it's oe of my favorite parts of christmas, and it works great with tons of kids.

2) i love that my two youngest sisters (the ones with no steady source of income, great or small) gave everyone a christmas present, often homemade and always heartfelt... we loved our little gifts (gingerbread men and treasure chest and bath salts and more!!!)

3) while waiting for everyone to finish getting dressed/fed/etc so we could open the tree-presents, i made my dad laugh! (as in--on purpose, not just he was laughing at me :)

4) chocolate, toffee, turkey oh my!

5) giving becca tickets to the stars game... i wish i could give big presents to everyone it's such fun, especially when you know it's somethig they'd like, but knowing how impractical that is for most of us, i'm glad that i was able to find something becca really likes, and i hope you have a blast on monday... GO STARS!!!!!

6) zoo-pass!!! we're really looking forward to taking our girls to the zoo this year! (have i gotten too "!" happy yet, or can i add a few more?) thanks dad and mom!!!!!!

7)this:
my nephew (almost 4) opened one of these and my mom started saying "that's from grandpa, not from me! i tried to stop him... it's from grandpa" while my dad was saying excitedly "look jacob, a roly poly farm, it even tells you how to keep them alive" or something like that... it totally cracked me up!


i'd better sign off now, so i wish you:

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!"

3 comments:

emily said...

I loved reading about your Christmas moments and could totally picture your mom saying that's from Grandpa, not me. Do you think Katharine will let him keep it? Merry Christmas.

Judy said...

Knowing Katherine she'll probably help him find the bugs to put in it! Sounds like a wonder Christmas full of family.

Megs said...

I've never heard of a roly poly farm--so cute.