Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

what a wonderful day! i love mother's day! just wanted to let you all know it was a really great day :)

i got to sleep in this morning, which was really nice after being in the hospital for the last few nights, where they poke and prod at you all night long. malachi slept pretty well, only getting up a few times to nurse and then just back to sleep. somehow paul got up with the girls before they could wake me, which i'm still not sure how he managed, but i'm grateful! they made me waffles for breakfast on my new waffle iron, (though it may not sound fancy, it's just what i wanted). we had a nice easy morning playing and taking it easy before sending paul and the girls off to church. chi and i slept for a while, it's really, really wonderful to be able to snuggle him from the outside :) i'm especially glad to have my snuggly babies around for mother's day!
i even had time to upload pictures to the computer, so there'll be more up soon :) and after church we went up to my mom's for a wonderful family dinner and talking to "auntie becca on hers mission" (as afton says). it's really nice to live close enough to visit my family regularly, i'm very blessed! the girls were tired after a long day (with very short nap), but as we were heading home afton said two great things that made me happy:

"if it's getting dark can we call it mother's night instead of mother's day, then it's not over"

and

"can we have mother's day again tomorrow...


that was a really yummy treat"


ps, thanks missy for the crepes, they were FABULOUS!!! and definately "really yummy" too :)

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Gracie said, "Today is Happy Mother Day and tomorrow will be Happy kid day and we will have a party." I should have told her that EVERY day is kids day. Happy Mothers day to you- the mother of three!

Mrs. Pyne said...

I'm glad you got to have mother's day at home!!! I love those first few sundays when I got to just be with my baby while everyone else went to church! SUPER CONGRATS on your little boy- Chi, (do you say it "with a K sound" like Malachi has in it?)