Tuesday, April 5, 2011

blogworthy... (or NOT!!!)

you know, some days are just more blogworthy than others... but seeing as how i need to vent a little, tonight just might be blogged anyways. it really wasn't that bad of a day, though the girls were fighting and whining a lot. i decided bedtime could be a little early because of it, and got rayna into bed around 7.15. i had malachi asleep by 7.30 (sounds good so far, right? WRONG!) and afton was calmed down with a few stories and a foot soak (she busted her toe on sunday, and i'm betting it won't be long before teh nail comes off... i'll tell you more later, for the interested). and by 8.05 she was heading up to bed. meanwhile, rayna was crying and demanding various things (more lights, "i don't want to go to bed," etc) and screaming (the bloody murder kind, not the nice little crying/whining kind) alternatively for this entire time. when it came time for afton to go to bed too, i told rayna if she didn't calm down a little afton would have to sleep in my bed (this usually works, because she likes to have someone in there with her). within minutes, the screaming took over and i went back up almost immediately to move afton. more screaming... more screaming... more screaming... abrupt cessation of screaming "mommy, i think i threw up" ... correct. but just on the blanket (thank heaven!), so no major bed/jammy-changing necessitated. okay now back to bed... more screaming... more screaming... i hate screaming... that was more than an hour of near constant screaming folks... it won't surprise me at all if she's hoarse as a crow tomorrow.

btw, she finally calmed down enough for me to talk to her (after her banging on the door trying to get out while screaming) and within 2 minutes of me leaving her with a hug and a prayer and a reminder that mommy always comes back... she's sound asleep. pfehw.

why do my kids scream so much? :(

9 comments:

Ryan, Cassie and Crew said...

I got stressed just reading this. You need a few hours on recoup time after that. Hot bath or warm cup of tea anyone? I miss you, hope most nights aren't like this. Call you later.

Madison said...

It is a stage. Believe it or not, ;) I went through it too. My mom lived and she still loves me. Don't give up. You are a great mom!

Judy said...

You have the patience of a saint. I probably would have put a glass of water over her head in the middle of it! How did Chi ever sleep through all of it?

Wendy said...

It must be in the genes because my kids scream a lot too. It makes me crazy. Good luck!

Christine said...

To me it seems like this always happens on days when I just don't think I can handle it. Or I'm in desperate need of sleep and then they wake up repeatedly all night. But I always make it though anyway. Thank heavens your horrible night is over, though! Sounds like you deserve a pat on the back and a bubble bath.

elise said...

thanks for your comments everyone, i know it's normal for kids to get upset and whatever especially when they're tired, but it was really a bit much for me yesterday! (okay, it was a bit much for the entire month! or year! combined!)
and no, it's not usually like that around here, but it was a bad day, and it helped me to get it off my chest :)
thanks for being such supportave friends and family!

Sharee Gariety said...

sorry, Elise! I guess the ends of some days are just more scream-a-rific than others, huh? Boy, I know it just grates on your nerves to hear all that screaming! Glad she finally fell asleep. :)

Sharee Gariety said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharee Gariety said...

So whenever somebody deletes a comment, I always find myself wondering why they deleted it. So I thought I'd just let you know that I deleted that last comment because for some reason my comment posted twice. Didn't think it was important enough to say twice, so I deleted it. ;)