Saturday, October 1, 2011

next 5K

i just have to record this so i remember, and this is a good place to help me with that ;)
 
--feel free to stop reading here if you wish--
 my first 5K was in May, and i ran it in 31'30"
my 2 mile relay was in august (miserably hot in other words), and i did about 22 minutes
today was another 5K, and i've been sick for a while, so i've only gone running twice in the last two weeks (and both of them were short and coughy--for lack of a real word)... i didn't have a lot of hopes, but since i was signed up, and the next race isn't for a while, i figured i'd better try in anyways... and i was proud of myself! i didn't have to walk at all, and i finished in 33'15" (beating my friend teresa by 1 second ;)--nothing like a little healthy competition to get a fluckiger running!). my only goal going in was to not walk, and i did that, but i figured i'd be closer to 36-40 minutes, so i'm really glad i had teresa there to run with.
any other fluckigers want to race sometime? jacob? anna? katharine, i'm assuming you're not quite ready yet, but in a few more months, i imagine you'll be able to cream us all... i figure we live far apart, but we're trustworthy, so if we plan it right, we can just race on a given day and post our times :). i just mention it cause i figure this counts as healthy competition :)

3 comments:

katharine said...

vienna came home from school today and said she ran a mile in 12 minutes :) i've really missed running and would love to start up again soon. hopefully my body can handle it. i'll race you in may or june? ;)

Daniel Larsen said...

I just signed up for the Microsoft 5K next week. This will be the third year in a row that I've done it.

My times so far are: 40min and 33min. I'm shooting for 30 mins this time around.

(It should be noted that I expect improvement for myself despite doing absolutely no training or extra running over the year) :)

soybeanlover said...

You so totally rock!