Friday, January 20, 2012

more pics of our last run

i already posted the boring details of my last run. but i thought i'd better add a little more because it was only the second run that the kids have come to... each of the races by the drc has a kids race after, usually it's not very far, but the kids get a racing bib and at the end they get a little prize, rayna ran one lap (about 100 meters), and afton ran 2 laps, so they each got a little pin (afton got 2, for doing both laps), and afton forgot to turn in her little tag-thing so they didn't call her out as a winner, but i thought she did pretty well. 

aren't we cute?! this was at the end of the races.
it was pretty chilly that morning. and i was really excited about the sun coming up... unfortunately the thick grey clouds hit about 10 minutes after the sun came up--go figure. but it wasn't bad while running, i just felt bad for the kids ane paul waiting for me... i wish it had made me run faster!
here's rayna finishing her lap--i ran with her because she was nervous

afton did awesome! this was her second lap, and she was still going pretty fast :)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Look at you guys, all running at stuff. I always count our shopping trips and my pushing the cart as my exercise. Good work you!

Marcy in TX said...

good job to all the running ladies! I'm proud of you.

Darlyn said...

Yeay for all the runners! I am excited for you. And how fun to get the kids involved. I miss it terribly.