Friday, February 14, 2014

temple lights and anniversary

playing catch-up is a bit ridiculous now, but here goes another old, old, old post :)

first snowman of the season (with the cutest face too!) (though he did get another one when afton had to go inside)
here's a bunch of pictures from the DC temple lights. I took tons of pics, but I don't dare post too many... maybe I should have been more selective in which ones I uploaded though, there were definitely some better than these, but it's easier to just keep these ones, and hope you get the general idea :)
visitor's center
the kids' favorite tree, it was all purple and gold with various depictions of the wise men (some quite large), and peacock feathers! they also loved the 2 trees in the main foyer with dolls from all over the world in costume.
live nativity, captivated kiddos
passing stranger taking family photo... you get what you pay for I guess :)
we had a lot of fun that night, it was gorgeous weathe, really perfect for wandering without getting cold
cqan you see the kids? it's a little dark, but they were posing, and having a blest
rayna's turn to take some pictures too!
these were from our 9th anniversary--paul got a chocolate fountain, and the kids loved it!
really, really loved it.
unfortunately, Rayna was a bit sick that day, so I didn't get a picture of her, though I did let her dip a bit of banana in just a tiny bit of chocolate... and she did go crazy when we pulled it out the next time :)
I gotta say too, these last 9 years have flown by! I'm sure glad we have eternity to go!
(sorry, I know it's cheesy, but it's true! and yes, the fountain works for cheese too)
 

1 comment:

Madison said...

I love chocolate fountains. Maybe I need to add that to my growing list of kitchen gadgets I must own.