Friday, October 17, 2008

Today's message brought to you by the letter L!

So, here's how this works . . . a friend of mine posted a blog listing her 10 favorite things that start with a certain letter. Now, I have been assigned the letter L. And these are the results (in no particular order):

1. Laughter. It's the best medicine, after all, and i can usually laugh at myself sooner or later, and that makes most everything better.

2. Love. Especially from my girls, Afton likes to climb up in my lap and give me hugs and kisses, even Rayna likes to grab onto my hair and give me kisses on my chin. What more could I ask for?

3. Liberty. It doesn't matter where you go, there's no place like home. I love my country and the liberties we have here. I'm proud to be an American, even when people spit on me (yes that has happened--more than once, actually).

4. Life. I appreciate the lives of those that have gone before me. There's a lot of characteristics (and I hope character) I might not have, except for the influence of others. The way they lived and died reflects on my life today, and I appreciate them for it.

5. Libraries. I love to read, and I hate to spend money on books (is that weird? it seems like so many friends and family members love spending money on books, but i'm super picky about what books i actually am willing to buy, after all, that's what lending libraries are for!), so libraries are truely great!

6. Leaves. I love nature, leaves, trees, grass, flowers (lilacs, lilies, and lavender to name a few :), the occasional cactus, and being outside in the green growing things! As it turns towards fall though, I must admit, I like the leaves particularly as they change to autumn colors! (i also like spring though, when they start growing all over again, that soft, baby green--and i like it when there's enough winter to really appreciate that spring when it comes...)

7. Learning. I think the ability to learn is one of the most important characteristics we can develop (or encourage in others). I may not be the best student, but I appreciate the multitude of things out there to learn about! and I'm glad there are people willing to study so many diverse subjects.

8. Lazing. (perhaps i should have moved this one, it's probably not the best thing to have under learning). I love being lazy. I probably indulge myself too much there, but i love taking the time to laze around and read a book, or soak in a bubble bath or lie on the grass (assuming there's not too many bugs around).

9. the Lord. I love the Lord, I have a testimony of the gospel and I hope I can live my life according to His plan.

10. Listening. I love when people call, stop by, or just want to visit. I talk a lot, but i do listen too. I like blogging too, i love catching up with everyone else's blogs/facebook/email/whatever, cause i feel like i'm closer to them than i have been able to stay before. (did that make sense?)

Here are 10 of my favorite things that start with the letter L. Anyone who wants to play should leave a comment on this post asking for a letter and I will assign you one (not to worry, I won't assign a hard one like "X").

6 comments:

Becca said...

I totally agree about libraries. I think it's weird to buy them, especially if you haven't read them.

katharine said...

i agree about libraries too. i don't think i want a letter, i am already too busy. you did a beautiful job with yours though :)

Meli said...

Nice Elise. I love most of those things too!

but~
Is it that weird to love to own the books? Not that I can afford it anymore... nor ever really could.

Wendy said...

I wish I liked library books more. I usually only check out books that I need for class from the library. There is just something about owning your own books. Jacob wishes I would check out more than I buy.

Darlyn said...

Loved your list 'Lise. Lovely log of lucky things in your life, and mine.

Love,
Larlyn :)

enf said...

I like those things too, and if you want, you can give me a letter too.