Thursday, February 19, 2009

conversation with afton

a: i bigger

me: yes

a: i growin'

me: yes, you're growing to a big girl

a: i go school (walks to living room for about 3 seconds, then returns to kitchen)
i back mama

me: you're back from school?

a: yes

me: did you have fun?

a: yes

me: what did you do?

a: (blank stare)

me: did you sing "ABC's"?

a: no

me: did you count to 10?

a: no

me: did you color?

a: no

me: did you play on the playground?

a: no

me: did you see other kids?

a: no, i go school (runs back to living room for approximately 3 seconds, returns)
i back!

me: you're back from school? hooray, give me a hug! (**grins all around**)

i never claimed i was quick, but i do catch on, i think i was just supposed to be glad she came home :) we regularly pass an elementary school on our walks that she will go to in a couple more years, and she usually calls it "afton's school for when i bigger"

3 comments:

Anna Larsen said...

Clella's all about "going to school" too. We talk about it almost every day. I think we have very similar conversations frequently. It's funny how similar they are!

Ryan, Cassie and Crew said...

Ok, that was way cute, I think I would laugh too. Great to talk to you today.

Marcy in TX said...

so cute! She's a great girl.