Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Grampa Anderson's house... or yard, rather...

The kids and I took a much needed vacation to visit Great-Grampa Anderson... I'm not sure how 'needed' he may have found it, but I think for the most part we were able to rub along fairly well all together :). The first full day we were there we mostly played outside at his house. The only pictures I managed to take were all of the play-area. I used to love these swings as a kid, so it was great for me to see my kids playing here too. We also went walking in the woods and up and down the driveway--or rather, down and back up. We noticed lots of wild black-raspberry brambles, which we attacked after church on Sunday, and we were looking for deer, wild turkey, and pheasants. We found some feathers, though we did see the deer and some turkeys later in the week.
gotta love all that green too!
Malachi mostly missed his naps, so he got away a lot with the binky...
Rayna was really, really happy to be playing outside!
Afton made her own rules
picking fresh cherries... YUM!
he was also really, really happy to be outside! and could have easily played here for the vast majority of every day, if only his sisters would play with him... unfortunately, they wanted to play elsewhere too...
gotta love the giant swing too!
you should click on this picture and zoom in on Rayna's face, I can't remember the last time I saw her this happy to be on a playground!
Chi picked cherries too
jungle-gym monkeys!
(I was laying underneath to take the picture... I probably shouldn't have bothered... it was awkward!)

4 comments:

West Family said...

fun house! I love the playground and all of the green!

katharine said...

oh fun memories! did you take your kids to see pageant?

Marcy in TX said...

The trees have gotten really big! I love your kids smiles!

Madison said...

They look like they are having a blast. Good job documenting the trip so well. Stills doesn't remember a lot of his trip to Grandpa's house.