Friday, November 29, 2013

east coast fall leaves

So now that we're living on the east coast, I felt it was time to take a million pictures of the autumn leaves for everyone that lives in the south (where it's brown) or the north or west where it's already snowing... these were actually about three weeks ago. We took the camera on one of our walks to get the girls from school. These are all within about a mile of our house, and all taken within an hour of each other, but the colors were amazing for over a month! It felt like it took a little while for everything to start changing, but then the bright colors stayed around for a good month or 6 weeks... there are still some left, though the cold snap we've been enjoying is finishing them off.
I wish I were better at waxing poetic, because the bright colors really brought out that side of me... but I'm really not! so feel free to insert your favorite autumn poetry here, or make up some of your own :)
This was a picture Malachi took from the stroller, just to give you a little of his perspective.
All three big kids had turns with the camera, and to be honest, I'm not sure who took most of the pictures (there were nearly 100 all together, so I really did pare it down for posting). I love all the bright reds, golds, and greens mixed together:
and the long, long streets, reminds me of an old painting or something... though the telephone wires don't quite work with my ideas, or even the cars, I guess I need an old barn or schoolhouse or something :)
I love this street:
it felt like walking through a tunnel
it surprised me to remember how truly bright and brilliant the colors can be! red, yellow, and brown don't begin to cover the variety we saw! they're really jewel-tones, and I'm sure I knew that at some point, but you forget when you live far away from it, or have a really short season... or at least I did.
and this one might be my favorite: the schoolbus was stopped there for some reason (I've never seen it stopped there before or since, so it was a perfect day for me to have my camera!)
okay, they're probably all my favorites, but still, I knew autumn was my favorite season, and now I remember another reason why :)
happy fall!

1 comment:

Madison said...

Beautiful leaves. Thanks for sharing.