Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Spring Camping trip

So I thought I was all caught up to the stuff before June, but evidentially I was wrong, because I just found this all organized and ready to go (but without words) in my drafts!
 
Last spring sometime (I'm sure I could find the dates, but it sounds like too much work for such an insignificant detail right now), we went on a family campout. we tried to talk some friends into coming with us, but everyone was too busy, so we gave up and went alone, but turns out we had a fabulous time just the same ;)
everyone rearing to go, as we headed out!
the girls climbed this tree while we were waiting for a park ranger to register us for a campsite
sitting around at breakfast (you know, when I finally remembered to get the camera out)
posing for mom
I just loved this little lumberjack look! baby in flannel and jeans :) :) :)
we went for a walk over the river and through the woods
can you see what we almost stepped on
such diligent explorers
beavers ... or evidence at least, we didn't see any actual beavers, lots of trees with beaver-teeth marks, and some little dams
the craziest thing about this trip to me was the sheer number of inchworms!!! there must have been millions in the park, and I don't think that's an exaggeration. fortunately, no one's afraid of inchworms, and they don't bite! (and there were still leaves left on most of the plants... it wouldn't surprise me if a few days/weeks later it was pretty bare)
and headed back home
that's what a success looks like :)

No comments: