Monday, August 19, 2013

on the first day of kindergarten/1st grade...

my children gave to me
SMILES for all to see!
Afton's all ready for 1st grade!
they were so glad to know that they're only 2 classrooms apart in the same hall, so if they start to worry, they can remember that their sister's just a few feet away
Rayna was really excited to bring her lunch in her backpack
uniforms all around
ps, Paul shouldn't be outside without his hat!
in front of the school, and still smiling :)
Rayna found her desk and immediately started a picture
I forgot to get a picture of Afton at her desk, but she did great too... I can't wait to see them at the end of the school day... I hope they're still smiling :)
 
and because it was Malachi's first day without his sisters home to play with, I was rather impressed with how he kept busy. first, we had a later breakfast:
note that he eats with TWO spoons, he alternates hands as he goes... I still can't figure out why...
we also went on a long walk with the stroller and when we headed home for lunch, he set this up:
he also set up the vacuum so he could do the stairs for me, which was absolutely needed and helpful! I have a hard time reaching the stairs (or caring quite enough to do it when I'm sore). He's such a sweetheart!
I love my kids! smart, beautiful, and sweet!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the happy students and your darling house keeper! Send him to do our stairs when he is finished with yours!

Madison said...

I'll take Malachi next. ;) We just got a new set of carpeted stairs and it kills to vacuum them. The girls look so excited! I hope they have great teachers.