Monday, April 28, 2014

promised real update

obviously I've been busy playing catch-up with this blog, and I still have a lot to do, but here's a few really actual recent events to make you smile :)
one day last week Paul got an unexpected package in the mail...
it was a book
with a cool chapter
Asher likes standing
(ps, the chair doubles as a baby gate for the top of the stairs)
Asher's proud of himself, and Chi's a happy big brother!
evidentially my kids all have strong teeth, or slow at least... they don't come in early, and they fall out later than average too. Afton's been trying to get this tooth to fall out for a week... it was barely hanging on (she could turn it sideways!) but none of us had the guts to pull it out... finally last night I got tired of it and managed to get it :) she's thrilled!
and Rayna carefully planned and described this hairstyle to me to ensure it was just right! (lots of little braids going into a bun, but with some little braids coming down with beads on them). I thought it turned out nice. This morning at the bus stop I saw the big girl that inspired the style (though she didn't have the beaded ones hanging down).
it's fun to take the time to braid Rayna's hair, it's our mommy-n-me time :) yesterday we did it while listening to a conference talk, so that was nice too.

5 comments:

West Family said...

Cute braids!

katharine said...

paul got a chapter published in a book and he didn't know about it?? how did that happen? cool! i'll have to get you to braid my girls' hair at the reunion. i have pain in my fingers when i try to do things like that these days and i know they'd love it :)

elise said...

he knew he'd written it, but he didn't know somebody was sending it to him, or when it was to be published

Teresa said...

I finally got to read the chapter heading. Congrats to Paul! Now your blog keeps coming up mega sized. ha ha.

Madison said...

Wow. Those braids are intense. I'm scared to ever have a daughter, because all I do with my own hair is clip it back or put it in a pony tail. Maybe my girls will be like me and have no hair or teeth for a long time. I thought that is how K would be and was shocked to have him emerge with a whole head of hair.