Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Asher 2 1/2 - 3 weeks

as promised, here are some recent pics of Asher. he's about 9 1/2 lbs right now, and still mostly happy. these pics are Sunday to today, Malachi takes as many pictures as I do, so we have quite a few of Asher, but more than half of them are fuzzy or his head's cut off ;). these are some of my favorites:
I love those shoes
--though maybe I shouldn't say that since I designed them and it sounds like bragging but I think I did a good job!
it's practically obligatory to have a crying picture, right? and yes, I picked him up as soon as I took this one!
Really, Asher's a very good baby, he only cries if he needs something (usually help with gas bubbles), and he's an excellent sleeper, going easily 9-12 hours at night only getting up every 3 hours or so to nurse. he's filling out really nicely, and finally lost his cord-stump so he's got a real belly button now. his eyes still look mostly blue, though I'm not convinced they're going to stay so light, I think they'll be hazel or brown before too long. he does have light blond fuzzy hair though, so he may stay pretty fair. he gets lots of love from his older siblings and I don't think it'll be too much longer before he starts protesting head-rubs ;).
one of chi's pics, a little fuzzy, but decent :)
sleepy on Dad
we tried tummy-time for the first time today. he did well
he managed to push himself up like this all by himself! I was impressed. I knew he was strong, but he hasn't had great neck control 'til the last few days. He does love his boppy, I think it gives him a measure of self-control (sitting in it, and also laying across it like here).
and one shot to remind me how tiny he really is! or how huge my 3-yr-old is :)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Darling shoes! I get more compliments on the pair you made for Caleb than on anything else he has ever worn! And I am so glad you have a big baby too. Caleb is about 20 pounds now. Just a few shy of Livi! Cute pictures!!

Marcy in TX said...

Cute guy! I love the smiles and lifting his head, so strong! I like the one with Chi for perspective! Fun to have new pictures. He is growing and changing so fast!
I bought a new multi-frame today for some new school and other photos from Wendy. Now I need a few more to fill all the spaces! :)

Elaine said...

I love the pic with Chi in it. They are both so adorable. what beautiful kids!