Sunday, October 13, 2013

More pictures from September

So I think Malachi 'feels' the change with the new baby the most, which isn't that surprising I guess as he was the youngest for a long time, but it's cute to see some of the ways he compensates and gets some love back :). He especially loves to give me lots of hugs and kisses, reminding me that I'm his best friend or that he loves me (and of course getting plenty of love back in return). He's a little rougher with Paul, lots of tackles and tickles and climbing. This one evening I was laughing pretty hard at their antics, I know they don't come through in the pictures as funny as in real life, but I still thought it was worth posting :)
Chi can reach the ceiling!
and this was particularly funny, monkey-boy
This evening was a 'wrestle-fight' that I'd probably call a tickle-attack, with soft balls...
you can see the glee there, right?!
I know, probably not the most flattering photo, but maybe that shows more why Chi calls it 'wrestle-fighting'
this one might be my favorite...
Who is it that always tells me how easy girls are to raise, because at least they don't like getting dirty? I sometimes think I hear that one every month... I still don't believe it that people actually think that!
it was a rather chilly day too, though not so cold that they couldn't get wet...
you should have heard the squeals as they got hosed off!
you know, the laughing/almost-crying sound kids make when they're having fun, and kinda miserable at the same time?
Rayna was a bit more practical... but she wasn't quite as muddy either.
and another day, the 24th, Afton finally lost her first tooth!
we were waiting for that one for over a month of wiggling... and yes folks, she's already 7! this kids teeth are firmly attached! (from daddy's side of the family, I guess, they were all later to lose teeth)
and since we had this cute snack, Rayna wanted to pretend she lost one too

3 comments:

West Family said...

Miss all of you!! I love the muddy picture!

Elaine said...

Holy cow I can't believe Afton got that muddy! Way to go, girl! Yes, I also lost my teeth late. I think my first was in first grade and my last was as a sophmore in high school!

Madison said...

I love the muddy pictures too. And the wrestling. I love to wrestle with K. It mostly consists of me dragging him close and covering him in kisses and tickles. He loves it.